Monday, November 14, 2011

Until the very end.

I just finished Deathly Hallows Part II. It was wonderful, I could ask for more. I was very please with what the did with it. I find myself completely heartbroken. The series has ended. There are no more books to wait for and stay up all night reading. No more movies to wait with batted breath for month. I have grown up with these books. I feel like I have lost a family member for god sakes. It's an open wound, that nothing can staunch. If I had Pottermore to fall back on maybe I wouldn't feel quite so off kilter. I am going to miss the feeling of having those books in my hands for the very first time. No other series of books has come close to that. The Lord of The Rings movies come as close as possible but Harry Potter has been in my life far longer than LOTR no matter how obsessed I was with them. I miss the whole experience more than I can say. It feels as though all the magic has been sucked from the room. I look forward when I finish processing the fangirl emotional roller coaster.

1 comment:

  1. It is sad! You will like Pottermore once it's out of beta though- plenty of new stuff to learn!

    also

    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luij0pQZUv1qia6abo1_500.png

    ReplyDelete