Thursday, May 31, 2012

Follow up to the Politics Post

This is the email I just got from said Aunt:
I never should have commented on your post.  I blame the lateness of the hour
for my lack of restraint, but I was so tired of the constant, foolish vitriol
against Mitt Romney that  I pushed return.
I think that if Barak Obama is reelected the USA will go into free fall.  All
his policies are for big government and government control of private
enterprise.  He has set race relations back decades, and slowed the economic
recovery by his lack of leadership.  I believe we could turn into a country like
Greece, overloaded with debt, and rioting in the street.
That being said I realize we probably won't agree on this.  Consequently I
unfriended on facebook until after the election.  I didn't want to read your
propaganda like posts.

Alright, here is my point by point break down:
"I was so tired of the constant, foolish vitriol against Mitt Romney that I pushed return"
   -I didn't say anything about Romney. I posted a PICTURE of Romney and Trump's jet. (I will post picture here for reference.
"I think that if Barak Obama is reelected the USA will go into free fall. All his policies are for big government and government control of private enterprise. He has set race relations back decades, and slowed the economic recovery by his lack of leadership. I believe we could turn into a country like
Greece, overloaded with debt, and rioting in the street."
  - OH MY GOD! Really? Really?!?!!
    -Set race relations back decades? I have no words.
and Final point:
" I didn't want to read your propaganda like posts."
- IT WAS A GOD DAMN PICTURE:
                                                            

1 comment:

  1. Haha- I love the bit about turning race relations back. Why? Because closeted racist people suddenly realized they weren't cool with a black president and that made them feel bad about themselves?

    And PS- we're already overloaded with debt and having riots on the street. Shit sucks! But do you really really honestly and truly think that austerity, single-minded debt reduction and more tax cuts for the wealthy are going to make the situation LESS like it is in Greece right now?

    Sheesh! If pointing out reality is vitriolic propaganda, just call me Herr Goebbels!

    ReplyDelete